December 21, 2011

Kale Chips


Have you ever tried those seaweed snacks?  No?  You should.  Wait, no, you shouldn't because if you like salt, you seriously won't be able to stop. Like me. I'm addicted. While seaweed is healthy, I'm sure these are not with their high levels of sodium. That is why I'm addicted. I love salt. So, I needed to find an alternative. My friend, Liz, introduced me to kale and recommended I try kale chips. Um, a great snack and I'll make this for dinner than store in a container and have as a snack for the next day. 

Kale Chips
1 bunch of kale
2-3 tspn olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
S&P

1. Preheat oven to 350.

1. Wash and thoroughly dry the kale. Separate and for each leaf, remove the hard stem. Break the kale into small pieces.
2. Spread the pieces of kale onto a baking sheet. Make sure your kale is completely dry or your 'chips' will not crisp up.  Drizzle the olive oil over and give it a good toss with your hands. Sprinkle with the salt and garlic powder. Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
3. Eat immediately! I was able to keep mine for the next day to snack on by storing it in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment