October 06, 2010

Hearty Breakfast Casserole

At my previous job, we use to have Friday breakfast and would occasionally eat together.  Oh, how I looked forward to Friday breakfast. What is it going to be this week?  Bagels? Fruit? Cereal? Kolaches? Breakfast Tacos?  Always a surprise and then I hit an early food coma at around 1030 a.m.  Loves.

Some lucky Fridays, someone would actually bake something for breakfast.  Laurie brought in a delicious breakfast casserole and I had to beg a little for the recipe.  So easy and good!  My sister and brother-in-law came in for a weekend visit and stayed with me and this was the perfect opportunity to make this breakfast.  Just beware, when you have a hungry and pregnant sister....do the preparation the night before so it's ready to bake when you get up! 

Hearty Breakfast Casserole
Recipe from Laurie Williford
Serves 6

2 cups dry chicken stove top stuffing mix
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups ham (I had honey baked ham, sliced at the thickest in the deli section and it was about 3 slices)
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup shredded cheddar (from the bag is perfect but I'm sure fresh cheddar would be even better)
S&P

*Sorry for the lack of photos. I forgot to take photos until the very end.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your casserole dish with buttah!
2. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into the dish.
3. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes until golden brown on the top and a chopstick comes out clean when you poke it.
4. Let it lightly cool and serve in slices!

1 comment:

  1. yep, so I just made this. :) It's really delicious and easy haha I'm a fan

    ReplyDelete