February 24, 2011

Sun Dried Tomato Pasta with Shrimp

This was recommended by one of my favorite ladies, Liz. It was a very simple recipe yet very delicious with the added cream. And honestly, who doesn't enjoy a good pasta that takes 20 minutes max to make and seems like you spent way more time? Even better, I bought an enormouse container of sun dried tomatos at Costco and this was a perfect recipe to make sure you really tasted the flavors.


The original recipe is from Giadda and I made something very similar to this in the last year but it definitely needed an extra kick. I bumped it up with a little more with the cream, shrimp and I also altered the amount of ingreditents and seasoning. I was tempted to add my Tony's seasoning but I resisted!


Also, sorry for the lack of pictures. I was a tad too busy preparing dinner and only remembered to snap a picture at the very end. Also, this pasta is best consumed the day you make it. The next day I had it, it became a tad too dry and while you can add a little more cream to get it back to that silky consistency, I felt too guilty for adding more cream....


Enjoy! I'll definitely make this again.

Sun Dried Tomato Pasta with Shrimp
Serves 6
Recipe adapted from Giadda

8-10 shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 box of small pasta (pick something that can hold the yummy sauce like orecchiette)
6 cloves of garlic, peeled
3/4 cup sun dried tomato
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan
dash of garlic powder
1/2 cup heavy cream
dash of dried basil
S&P


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Quickly toss shrimp with a little bit of olive oil, garlic powder and S&P. Place on baking sheet and cook for 8 minutes or until pink and opaque. Boil water and cook pasta according to box.


2. Using a chopper, quickly blend the sun dried tomatoes, garlic, oil and 1/2 of the parmesan cheese. Heat a pan big enough to hold the pasta and put the pesto mixture into the pan on medium high. Let it cook and you'll start smelling the yummy garlic.

3. Add the cream and incorporate well. Take a quick taste and add necessary S&P. I didn't have fresh basil so I added in dash of dried basil and garlic powder here. Add in the shrimp.

4. Drain pasta and put directly into the sauce pan. Incorporate well. Sprinkle well with the other half of parmesan cheese. Serve immediately!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe taste good but looks very unappetizing

    ReplyDelete